There is a lot going on in our community to help people get through these difficult times. We want to keep you in the loop with deals, specials, and fundraising efforts that are being offered. The information provided is to the best of our knowledge at any given time. For additions or changes, contact Emma Schwaller at eschwaller@UNleashCB.com.
SpringHill Suites by Marriott
- No home office? No problem. Now offering an 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. day rate of $50 + tax for a quiet workspace.
- Special traveling healthcare rate of $65. Call for details.
- SpringHill Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs is partnering with Casey’s General Stores to give residents and visitors a special Staycation hotel rate of $59 per night. Those interested are directed to pick-up a Staycation card at Casey’s Stores in the area (six in Council Bluffs, three in Omaha, one in Carter Lake, and one in Minden). The card should be presented at the SpringHill front desk at the time of check-in. The public is encouraged to call the SpringHill Suites, 712.256.6700, with any questions.
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites
- Tired of working at home? For a small rental fee of $50, you can enjoy the Home Office Away from Home Package. The package includes free WiFi, access to office supplies, printing assistance, lots of desk space, bottled water, coffee, and quiet rooms. Contact email@example.com or call (712) 322-5050 and mention HOHOP!
Hampton Inn @ Ameristar
- Are the four walls closing in on you at your home office? It's time for a change of scene! For a small rental fee of $50 plus taxes, check out our Home Office away from Home Office Package! The package includes free Wi-Fi, access to office supplies, including printing assistance, lots of desk space, bottle water, and coffee. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 712-328-2500 and mention HOMEOFFICE.
Microtel Inn & Suites
- Offering a safe workspace without all of the distractions of home. For $30 a day enjoy a private room to work in from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. This includes a desk, free Wi-Fi, fridge, free coffee, and no contact check-in if you book in advance. Call to book.
My Place Hotel
Between now and May 31st, guests can help support first responders across America by using promo code Help Our Heroes to book stays between April 13th and December 1st, 2020. For each qualifying reservation made during this time, My Place Hotels of America will donate 5% of the cost of the room, exclusive of taxes, to First Responders Children’s Foundation. Booking must be made directly at the hotel or via the My Place Hotels of America website at www.MyPlaceHotels.com.
Home Style Laundry & Dry Cleaners
- Offering discounts on pickup and delivery laundry services. $1.45 per pound with a minimum of 10 pounds per order.
- Check out our Drive-By Photo Sessions- they are going to be so fun! Everyone is home (heaven help us) including the college kids, so why not seize the opportunity to make some laughs and memories. Heck, we can even photograph your pets. How it works: We will drive on over. You and the fam just pop onto the porch, into the yard, on the drive ... anywhere fun. We stay a good 6-20 feet away and use our longest lens for good social distance practices. It's a quick 5 min. Be as formal or silly as you like! We can already imagine some of the hilarity that may ensue. If you would like to book one of these send us a PM and we will get you a time slot. They are just $150!
Risney Photo & Design INC
Need something fun to do? Want to donate to a great cause? How about gathering the family on the front porch for a few photographs to document this very unusual time in our lives. You get a quick 10-minute photoshoot and eight retouched digital images for only $99. You can dress up or stay casual, include the pets, make funny faces, and just have fun. I’ll stay the recommended six feet away and shoot pics in the front or back of your home. I will book appointments to start on Saturday, April 18th. Call Anne now at 712-366-4226 to set a time for this fun session and pay the $39 fee with a credit card. Risney Photo will collect a $60 check made out to one of the three charities on the day of the shoot. Promotion runs while we are all stuck at home! To learn about each charity:
Thriving Titans: https://thrivingtitans.wordpress.com
Midlands Humane Society: http://midlandshumanesociety.org/
Family, Inc.: http://www.familyia.org/
Fundraisers & Charities:
Anytime Tees #InThisTogether Fundraiser Store
- Anytime Tees will work with any small business in Council Bluffs to design and add a t-shirt to the #InThisTogether Fundraiser Store. There is no cost to the business, all they have to do is share the store's site and their shirt design on their social media and with their customers. For each shirt sold, the small business will receive $10. This money will be given to them in a check at the end of the project. Customers may choose to have their shirts shipped directly to them or to pick up at Anytime Tees. There is no additional cost for shipping or pick up.
Southwest Iowa COVID-19 Response Unmet Needs Fund
As a philanthropic solution, the Southwest Iowa COVID-19 Response unmet needs fund is currently accepting donations to help support our nonprofit partners who are on the front line of mitigating needs around the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Southwest Iowa COVID-19 Response unmet needs fund, spearheaded by Iowa West Foundation and Pottawattamie County Community Foundation, will support the many and varied ongoing local efforts of our nonprofit partners to address challenges brought forth by COVID-19. It also will focus philanthropic efforts to ensure resources are available to the nonprofit organizations serving our community.
As the local impact of the pandemic unfolds, our community's desire to help has been inspiring. Contributing to the Southwest Iowa COVID-19 Response unmet needs fund is one of many ways in which everyone can make a difference.
Individual donations may be made online or by check made payable to PCCF. Staff members are available to answer questions by phone at 712.256.7007.
This post was originally published on April 3, 2020
on the Unleash Council Bluffs blog