Join us & celebrated educator Ron Cisar for this month's session of "A Land Ethic Workshop." This program is perfect for anyone with an interest in conservation and a desire to develop a better understanding of the natural world outside their own front door. $15/person. Ages 14+. Program participants will enjoy a full morning of instruction & learning, including
- An introduction to the biotic & abiotic components of freshwater lakes
- A look at aquatic invasive species
- Continued guidance for successful nature journaling
- A reading & discussion of Aldo Leopold's essay "The Alder Fork"
- Who was Sigurd Olson?
- June Nature Calendar (phenology)
- Each month will include a look at Mother Nature's Calendar to help familiarize you with natural changes you can look for throughout the year and will finish out in true Leopold tradition, with a song.
Hitchcock Nature Center
27792 Ski Hill Loop
Council Bluffs, IA
You pinned our first item to your trip planner. Pin more items to continue to save items to your trip planner!View Trip