Open with restrictions
Beginning July 1, 2020, our hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. The last admission to the home is at 4 p.m.
Here is what to expect upon your arrival:
- Your tour will begin by checking in at the Beresheim House. It is the large home just South of the Historic General Dodge House.
- Upon entering, if you do not have a mask of your own, we will gladly provide you with one. Masks are required at all times. Thank you.
- We will ask that you apply hand sanitizer.
- We will take your temperature with a non-contact thermometer.
- You will be provided with a brand-new pen, which you are welcome to keep, to sign in. The record of your visit helps us with grant writing. We also need you to provide us with your phone number. Your phone number will only be used in the event that contact tracing is required.
- As a rule, we will keep groups separate. If we wish to join two groups together for a tour you are very welcome to decline. Your peace of mind is important to us. We will also stagger the tours. Please follow the directions of your docents. Thank you.
Once inside the home, you will have three ways to enjoy the Historic General Dodge House:
- You can self-tour with a paper guide. (You will be the first person ever to have touched it)
- You may have a docent guide you through the home. Guests who really enjoy history will love this option the most!
- You may use one of our audio guides. These are very detailed. Our audio guides will be sanitized after each use.
After your tour, you may return to your car or to the Beresheim House to shop. During your visit, don't hesitate to ask questions.
You are our guest and we want you to enjoy yourself! Feel free to call the Dodge House ahead of time at 712-322-2406 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need special accommodations. We look forward to your visit.
605 3rd Street
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
This three-story, 14-room, lavish Victorian home was built in 1869 by General Grenville M. Dodge, a Civil War veteran and the "greatest railroad builder of all time." The home is historically authentic. The home is open for tours Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The last tour of the day begins at 4 p.m.
In December, in addition to their regular hours, the home is also open until 8 p.m. on Thursday and on Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m. The home is closed in January and on government holidays.
For more things to do, visit UNleashCB.com
Please Note: These 360-degree images may take a few moments to render, with longer waits on slower devices. A modern browser like Google Chrome or Safari may be required.
Dodge House Entry
Parlors 1st Floor