Locations throughout the city
Council Bluffs, IA
The City of Council Bluffs features several public art pieces including:
- Broadway Fountain (Broadway & Pearl Street)
The restored cast-iron fountain was built in 1890 and rededicated in 2000.
- Grant Wood Corn Room Memorials
Grant Wood murals are temporarily in storage but will be displayed in the Hoff Family Arts and Culture Center upon its opening.
- Grant Wood Painting (Iowa Western Community College)
Original Grant Wood, "The Early Days of Kanesville," hangs in the lobby of the Looft Hall Conference Center of the campus.
- Sidewalk Mosaics and Streetscape Tiles (Pearl and Main Streets, and West Broadway)
Former postcards and history that depict various aspects, persons, and locations in Council Bluffs have been reproduced in ceramic and sidewalk mosaic tiles in downtown Council Bluffs.
- Pottawattamie County Genealogical Society Building Mural (South 4th and Worth Street)
A photographic collage of Council Bluffs and the Gibraltar neighborhood, this mural includes current and historic photos of Council Bluffs people and places.
Iowa West Public Art Sites offers even more pieces to check-out throughout the community.
For more things to do, visit UNleashCB.com